All about Well Dressing in the Derbyshire tradition
Varies from year to year. In 2022 there were 8:
Show Past Well Dressings
- 1. Memorial Gardens Well Dressings 2 dressings in the Memorial Gardens, next to the Memorial Hall on St Johns Street
- 2. Cruck Cottage Well Dressing on the site of the old Cruck Cottage on St Johns Street
- 3. Churchyard Well Dressings 2 dressings in a small courtyard next to St Mary’s Churchyard, behind the buildings on St Johns Street
- 4. Wellspring Church Well Dressing outside the Wellspring Church on St Johns Street
- 5. St Mary’s Church (South Porch) Well Dressings 2 dressings outside the South Porch of St Mary’s Church
How to get there
Wirksworth is located on the B5023 from Duffield (on the A6) and the B5036 from Cromford (also on the A6).
CAR: use DE4 4DR for satnav
The in-town car parks can get very busy, but there are other car parks on the edge of town. There is some time limited on-street parking.
BUS: Tuesdays to Saturdays: 2 per hour from Matlock, hourly from Derby and Bakewell; Sundays and Bank Holiday Monday: every 2 hours from Matlock and Belper.
TRAIN: Saturday, Sunday, Bank Holiday Monday and Tuesday: every 2 hours from Duffield by Ecclesbourne Valley Railway, connecting with trains from Nottingham,
Derby and Matlock.