All about Well Dressing in the Derbyshire tradition
Pilsley (near Bakewell):
July 14 to July 23, 2022
Dedication: July 14, 7:00p.m. on the Village Green.
Wells in the Making: July 11 to 13, various times at the Old Smithy (just off the Village Green) and at Pilsley School. Contact Mr Ray Bradshaw 01246 582421 for further details.
Pilsley (near Bakewell) should not be confused with another Pilsley in Derbyshire, near Chesterfield.
1. Main Well Dressing at the far end of the Village Green
2. School Well Dressing outside Pilsley School, facing the Green
3. Windmill Well Dressing an unusual Well Dressing in the shape of a windmill, on a triangular patch of grass next to the telephone box, opposite the Devonshire Arms pub
4. Gregory’s Well at the restored Well, behind a white gate set into the wall about 100m along the lane leading down from the Devonshire Arms towards Baslow, on the right hand side
5. Devonshire House Well Dressing
6. Old Horsetrough Well Dressings
Show Past Well Dressings
How to get there
Pilsley is located on the B6048 Bakewell to Chatsworth road, accessed from the A619 Bakewell to Baslow or the B6012 Baslow to Chatsworth roads.
CAR: use DE45 1UH for satnav
Reach the village by following the signs for “Chatsworth Farm Shop”. Turn into the village proper opposite the Farm Shop entrance. On street parking is usually possible, but on Saturday afternoon when part of the village green is closed off for the gala, you should use the car park provided.
BUS:Every day: hourly from Chesterfield and Bakewell.